Thursday 21 May 2009

HOMONYMS: SAME SOUND, DIFFERENT MEANING

Algunas palabras suenan igual pero se escriben de diferente manera y tienen significados diferentes: red-read; one-won

EXERCISES

1. Can you think of words that sound the same as these? Write them
1. meat
2. wear
3. nose
4. there
5. sun
6. write

2. Choose the correct words
1. Turn up the radio. I can´t here/hear it
2. I new/knew John when he was at primary school
3. I can sea/see the sea/see from my bedroom window
4. I can´t believe he eight/ate two pizzas
5. She threw/through the basjetball threw/through the window
6. Put the eggs in the bowl and add some flower/flour

3. Find and correct the wrong word in these sentences
1. I got a knew bike for my birthday _________
2. I red your letter last night ______________
3. I never where shorts in the summer _______
4. They´ve got a beautiful house by the see _______
5. Can you here music? _____________
6. Luke and Emma are staying with there cousins __________
7. Do you prefer fish or meet? __________

4 Write another word that sounds the same as the first. Then complete sentences 1–9 with the correct word.
a) where ……………
b) threw ……………
c) one ……………
d) eight ……………
e) red ……………
f) sun ……………
g) right ……………
h) here ……………
i) sea ……………

1 We drove …………… the forest to reach the campsite.
2 I …………… first prize in the art competition!
3 Who …………… my biscuits?
4 Are you going to …………… your new dress for the party?
5 Did you …………… Mark at the party?
6 I loved the book. I …………… it in two hours.
7 Is Sam Alice’s ……………?
8 Did you …………… what Sally was saying?
9 Don’t forget to …………… me a letter!

No comments: