Friday 27 March 2009

PAST CONTINUOUS

Afirmativa: sujeto+was/were+forma-ing del verbo
I/he/she/it was sleeping
You/we/they were sleeping
Last night I was watching television

Negativa: sujeto+wasn´t/weren´t+ forma -ing del verbo
I/he/she/it was not (wasn´t) sleeping
We/you/they were not (weren´t) sleeping
My parents weren´t watching TV last night

Interrogativa: Was/were+sujeto+forma -ing del verbo
Was I/he/she/it sleeping?
Were we/you/they sleeping?
Was it raining yesterday?

Respuestas cortas
Afirmativas:
Yes, I/he/she/it was
Yes, we/you/they were
Negativas:
No, I/he/she/it wasn´t
No, we/you/they weren´t
En las respuestas cortas negativas se suele usar la forma contracta:
Were you leaving? Yes, I was/No, I wasn´t

EXERCISES

1. Write affirmative and negative sentences. Use the past continuous.
1 play the guitar
√ Bob ______________________
X Marie ______________________
2 watch TV
√ Joe and Ellen ______________________
X Mum and Dad ______________________
3 sleep
√ Grandma ______________________
X We __________________________
4 wear trainers
√ My friends ______________________
X I ____________________________
5 have dinner
√ I ____________________________
X My brothers ______________________

2. Complete the questions and short answers.Use the past continuous form of the verbs in brackets.

1 A __________ (watch) the thief?
B Yes, she __________ .
2 A __________ (wait) for the bus?
B No, I __________ .
3 A __________ (steal) a DVD?
B Yes, they __________ .
4 A __________ (rain) this morning?
B No, it __________ .
5 A __________ (wear) a coat?
B Yes, I __________ .

3. Complete the dialogue. Use the past continuous form of the verbs in brackets.
A What (1) __________ you (do) __________ when the accident happened?
B We (2) __________ (wait) for the bus. Then we saw the red car and the dog.
A What (3) __________ the driver of the car (do)?
B He (4) __________ (chat) on his mobile phone. He (5) __________ (not look) at the road. He didn’t see the dog.



No comments: